The Department of Commerce was commenced in the year 2000 as an undergraduate programme with 4 students and has been witnessing a steady growth over the years and is evidenced by the present student strength of 270 with 2 sections for UG. In accordance with the demand, M.Com.degree Programme was started in the year 2011 and M.Phil.in the year 2019. The Department imparts quality education in accordance with the industry’s requirements. Besides, the department prepares the students for the professional course like CA, CMA and ACS.
- To build overall personality development.
- To inculcate moral values along with curriculum.
- To nurture young women to be intellectually matured and socially responsible.
- To create an ambience for high quality value based teaching learning practice.
- To promote job oriented administrative skills.
- To satisfy the interest of diverse set of students.
- To equip and develop innovative and inherent skills.
- To motivate the students to pursue professional course.
- Organize State and National Level Seminars.
- Organize National Level Competitions.
- Organize more Guest lectures.
- Equip the students to meet the current industrial needs.
- Arrange research projects to students
- Encourage/Motivate the students to present research papers in Conferences/Seminars.
- Build Entrepreneurial skills among students.